Sunday, March 16, 2014

LA PAZ - THE SECOND TIME AROUND

Back to La Paz and this time we found the campsite, another visit to Walmart for our last big shop, wine, nibbles and a game of table tennis ended a hot day of 30oC
EL TRIUNFO MISION

CARDON CACTUS FLOWERS

Had a peaceful day out along the northern shore above La Paz, beachcombing and finding different species of fish washed ashore. It's a hard life!




What is it? ( I didn't realise till I saw this photo that we had brought Brad Wiggins with us!)
Our last day in La Paz and there's a strong wind blowing sand and dust everywhere, we were planning to explore another road but Roy is not happy to take the vehicle out in this dust storm in case it gets in the filter. Roy, Jamie and Corinna had a walk down to the shops but I opted out. So while I'm on here and the wifi is good I thought I would put some more whale photos on. It is really the reason we came down here.






End of our last day we decided we should try some Nopales - Prickly Pear Cactus paddles.  Corinna and I saw the men in Walmart sat removing the needles from them so we bought some for Jamie to cook - he made a superb spaghetti bolognese with them in - gorgeous!
CHEF JAMIE

WHO THINKS PERHAPS THEY MAY BE BETTER USED FOR SOLING YOUR SHOES!

BUT THEY WERE GOOD TO EAT - EVEN RAW!

No comments:

Post a Comment